Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dear Phoebe


Dear Phoebe,

Right now you are tossing and turning and you have the hiccups. Right now you are safe, cozy, warm, and fed. Right now I have no doubt about where you are, what you're doing, or who you are with. No one can hurt you and all you're Daddy and I have done to you thus far... is love you. Oh my goodness baby girl, how we love you. All those comforts are coming to end, because not far from now you will move from your home in the womb, into our arms... and then it gets a little scary.
When you arrive, our whole world is going to change. You my sweet little girl are going to rock every single thing we've ever known. You are going to be the most beautiful thing we've ever seen. You are going to make us feel a love we have never known. You are going to give our salvation a whole new meaning. You are going to change everything about us. You my love, will make us new.
We cannot wait for you, but I'm going to be honest, I'm scared as hell. I'm young. I've never had so much responsibility on my shoulders. I've never been a mother. I've never lived to love and care for another person. I'm desperately in love with your Daddy, but this will be a completely different love, and he is quite independent, and only needs me the two times a year when he has the flu, and then he is of no use to anyone.
You will need me always, and I will be there. Until you ask me not to be, and then I will back off, but I will be waiting near by just in case.
No matter how hard it gets, no matter what you do, no matter where you go, or who you go with, I will always love you, and I will always be there.

We cannot wait to meet you little girl. I cannot wait to meet you. I love you. I love you. I love you. Always. Always. Always. To the Moon and back and back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment